Tuesday, May 1, 2012

NOTD: Deborah Lippmann Stormy Weather (Swatch)

I am not keen on spending $18 on a nail polish, but I will say that Deborah Lippmann polishes are worth it.  They are the ONLY nail polish that lasts more than 4 days on me without a single chip (and without a top coat).  Every other nail polish brand chips on me within 48 hours or less, even with numerous top coats.  I think it is probably my nails, but Deborah Lippmann polishes just seem to last so much longer on me and I love it!  I love the gray nail polishes whether they are a light, medium or dark gray!  I always seem to get the most compliments when wearing gray polishes as well.  Stormy weather was opaque in one coat!  I added another coat after I took this picture because I could see a few small patches.   This is a great alternative for black polish as well!  Enjoy the swatch!

Deborah Lippmann Stormy Weather (one coat)

4 comments:

  1. Maybe chipping could be caused by your base coat or lack of one if you don't use one. Zoya Anchor is one of the few base coats that lets me wear my polish for over a week. I loved Nubar Porcelain because of how it made my nails look, but my nails chipped in under 24 hours with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never notice a difference in wear time with any of the base coats I have tried. I've tried Essie, Sally Hansen (3 different ones), OPI and Julep. I'm using Butter London Nail Foundation now, but it's not helping with wear time (although I'm not sure that it is designed to do anything besides help fill in ridges etc). I will look into the Zoya Anchor. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Also in love with greys!! I agree with Janelle your base coat makes a difference & you need to find he right one for your body chemisty. Lots of bloggers use Nail Envy by OPI. Personally I use Sally Hansen Diamond Strenght. Oh yeah cult nails lasted 4 days before I removed it, but would have lasted longer if I didn't remove it. Maybe try them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karen! Cult Nails barely lasts a day on me. I will look into the OPI Nail Envy. I haven't tried that one yet. So far I haven't had any luck with base coats helping with wear time! :(

      Delete